Nagaland Public Service Commission
NAGALAND PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Dated Kohima, the,
Applications are invited for filling up the following vacancies under the State Government of Nagaland in the manner prescribed below:
Item No.1: 16 (Sixteen) posts of Extra Assistant Commissioner (Class-I Gazetted) Junior Grade, under the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms, Nagaland.
Item No.2: 6(Six) post of Deputy Superintendent of Police (Class-I Gazetted) under Home Deptt. Police Estt. Branch, Nagaland.
Item No.3: 2(Two) posts of District Transport Officer (Class-II Gazetted) under the Department of Transport & communication, Nagaland.
Item No.4: 1(One) post of Station Superintendent (Class-II Gazetted) under the Department of Nagaland State Transport.
Item No.5: 4(Four) posts of Statistical Officer (Class-II Gazetted) under the Department of Economics & Statistics.
Item No.6: 1(One) post of Superintendent of Supply (Class-II Gazetted) under Food & Civil Supplies Department.
Item No.7: 1(One) post of Inspector of Supply (Class-III Non-Gazetted) under Food & Civil Supplies Department.
Item No.8: (a) 3(Three) posts of Stenographer Grade-II (Junior) Non-Gazetted under Nagaland Civil Secretariat, Kohima.
(b) 1(One) post of Stenographer Grade-II (Junior) Non-Gazetted under NPSC, Kohima.
Item No.9: In supersession of the Commissions Advt.No.2/2003-04 dated 19/08/03 for 35 (Thirty Five) posts of Lecturers and 1 (One) post of College Librarian under Higher & Technical Department, the number of posts has been increased and some new posts added as follows, College Lecturers 71 (Seventy One), College Librarian 2 (Two) & Government Polytechnics Lecturer 2 (Two)
(a) Lectures in English 8 (Eight)
(b) Lecturer in History 5 (Five)
(c) Lecturer in Pol.Science 8 (Eight)
(d) Lecturer in Education 4 (Four)
(e) Lecturer in Sociology 3 (Three)
(f) Lecturer in Economics 6 (Six)
(g) Lecturer in Philosophy 1 (One)
(h) Lecturer in Tenydie 6 (Six)
(i) College Librarian 2 (Two)
SCIENCE STREAM :
(j) Lecturer in Statistics 2 (Two)
(k) Lecturer in Geology 1 (One)
(l) Lecturer in Physics 4 (Four)
(m) Lecturer in Zoology 5 (Five)
(n) Lecturer in Botany 2 (Two)
(o) Lecturer in Chemistry 4 (Four)
(p) Lecturer in Mathematics 4 (Four)
(q) Lecturer in Geography 4 (Four)
(r) Lecturer in Computer Science 4 (Four)
(s) Polytechnic Lecturer in Electrical 1 (One)
(t) Polytechnic Lecturer in Secretarial Practice 1 (One)
Those who has already applied for Lecturer in response to the earlier advertisement need not apply again. Those desirous of applying for both Lecturers as well as NCS & Allied Services should do so in separate applications.
80%of the vacancies
against Item Nos 1 to 6 & 9 to and 100% of the vacancies against Item Nos 7 & 8 to
are reserved for the candidates belonging to any Naga Tribes, Kuki, Kachari, Garo and
Mikirs provided such persons are Indigenous Inhabitant of the State of
33% out of 80% of the vacancies against Item Nos 1 to 6 & 9 and 33% of the vacancies against Item Nos 7 & 8 are reserved for the candidates belonging to 9 (Nine) backward tribes of Nagaland on roster basis as revised vide P &AR Departments Notification No.RCPT-5/87(Pt.) dated 16/08/2001 and Memorandum No. RCBT-5/87(Pt-II) dated 26.8.2002.
Item Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 : Degree in Arts/ Science/ Commerce/ Agriculture/ Engineering/ Medicine/ Home Science/ Physical Education/ Veterinary Science/ Divinity/ Agriculture Engineering/ Applied Geology and Applied Geophysics or its equivalent qualification of a recognized University.
Item No.5 : Post graduate Degree in Mathematics/ Statistics/Economics & Commerce.
Graduate in Mathematics/Statistics/Economics/Commerce with 3 years experience as Inspector of Statistics.
Preference will be given to those candidates having Masters Degree in Mathematics/Statistics.
Item No.8 :Degree in any discipline with Diploma in shorthand with a speed of 120 words per minute.
Item No.9 : (a) to (q): Masters Degree from a recognized University in the relevant subject with Minimum 55% marks, relaxable by 5% for the SC/ST category.
Item No.9 : (r) : MCA/M.Tech./M.Sc./Computer Science
Item No.9 : (s): B.E (Electrical) from a recognized University.
Item No.9 : (t): M. Commerce and Diploma in Stenography.
(a) M.Phil or Ph.D. Degree
(b) (i) Good Academic Record.
(ii) Clearing of National Eligibility Test (NTR) for Lecturer conducted by U.G.C., CDIR or similar test accredited by U.G.C.
Scale of Pay:
Item No.1, 2 & 9 (a to r) Rs. 8,000-275-13,500 per month
Item No. 9 (s) & (t) Rs. 7450-225-11,500 per month
Item No. 3, 5 & 6 Rs. 6,500-200-10,500 per month
Item No. 4 Rs. 6,000-175-7,750-200-9,750 per month
Item No. 8 (a, b) Rs. 5,000-150-8,000 per month
Item No. 7 Rs. 4,500-125-7000 per month
Item Nos. 1 & 2 21 Years 25 Years
Item Nos. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8 (a,b) 18 Years 25 Years
Item No. 9 21 Years 30 Years
1. The upper age limit is relaxable by
A) 5 years for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes
B) 5 years (a) Government Servants who have put in continuous service of not less than 3 (Three) years under the Government of Nagaland.
(b) Candidates belonging to the Indigenous Inhabitant of the State of Nagaland who have put in continuous service of not less than 3 (Three) years under the office of Central or any other state Government.
For Item No.9. The maximum age is also relaxable up to 35 years for candidates having M.Phil/D.Ltt/D.Sc/Ph.D. Degree, and further relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
2 Application Forms can be obtained from the office of the undersigned on production of Treasury Challan for Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) deposited under the HEAD OF ACCOUNT 0051-PSC-EXAM FEE being fee for Application Form and Examiniation. No Postal Order, Money Order and Demand Draft will be acceptable in lieu of Treasury Challan.
2. Candidates can apply all the items in one Application Form mentioning the post(s) applied for, in order of preference.
3. Application Form must be completed in all respects and accompanied by at least 3 (Three) copies of photograph including all prescribed documents mentioned inter-alia in Sl.No. 14 of the Application Form. Candidates are advised to enlist all the documents in order of its enclosure in the Sl.No. 11 of the application. Any incomplete Application shall be summarily rejected.
4. For Government employees, candidates already in service must submit their Application after duly filling the NO Objection Certificate against serial number 15 in the Application Form and signed by the competent authority.
5. Candidates are advised to send their application by registered post or the candidate whoever desires to submit the Application in the Commission office personally are advised to put their application in the Application Box available in the Commissions office. The Commission shall not take the responsibility in the event of application is lost or its enclosure missing.
6. Application shall not be accepted hand to hand by the officials of the Commission. Application received after the last date of submission shall be rejected. For Application coming from outside the State a relaxation of 10 days only shall be granted.
7. The last date of receipt of applications is 15th December, 2003.
8. There will be a Preliminary Examination for a selection to the Main Examination. This will be on the subject of General Studies only and shall be based on Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
9. The Main Examination shall be on General English, General Studies Paper-I and General Studies Paper-II.
10. The Preliminary examination is tentatively fixed during late February 04 which is liable to be changed if circumstances so warrant.